Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Today is Christmas! Hooray! I truly can't believe another Christmas has come and gone... They just keep coming, and I just keep getting older!

Christmas 2007
Alyse Laneri
19 Years Old

This Christmas only five of the eight of us were here because Todd's family stole him, and Amy, and Easton away. I guess it's their right as much as ours, but we always miss those three when they aren't with us. We all voted that this year was our poorest year for singing because we were missing a strong soprano (Amy) and our beautiful baritone (Todd) (and of course our singing almost one year old, Easton)--our Christmas Eve Choir just wasn't the same without them!

We had our traditional Mexican Fiesta on Christmas Eve with mommy's famous green chile casserole and daddy's delicious homemade salsa!

After dinner we (like usual) gathered in the living room to sing songs, read the story of the Savior's birth, and open our pajama's. My pajama's were a little big... somehow we accidentally bought a large?! woo
ps! But the boys looked great all matching in gray and red, and mom and I matched too!

I woke up at 9:40 and sadly, was the first kid up... Mom and dad were up being productive, but isn't it usually the kids who wake the parents up on Christmas morning?! I guess when the youngest is 17 things change a little :) Anyway, around 10:00 we started opening presents.




Our parents always say they are cutting down on the presents, but they always seem to spoil us year after year.. Looks like they cut down huh?! Not. You can see I found the only available floor space for a little stretch... Standing room only folks.



Me, in my new hat--in the pile. It's a little blurry, but you get the idea...






This year for our main gifts--Scott got a video camera, Danny and I both got digital cameras.

It was funny because my mom had purchased a robe, some face cream, and a digital camera for me, but she forgot she gave me a digital camera for graduation, and I got a free robe for throwing a Mary Kay party, and at the Mary Kay party I ordered some good face cream! haha... It was pretty funny--i beat my mommy to a few of my gifts! I really don't mind at all, but I think my mom may have felt a little bad.. so mom if you're reading this just know i really don't care!! I thought my Christmas was wonderful!! Thank you for the great gifts! [and like you always say, the beauty of gift giving in this family is if you don't like it (or you already have it) you can take it back--no hard feelings:)]

I'm not sure what this face is all about, but it's the one I pulled.. So--Merry Christmas?!

These are my new "rain boots"--my favorite addition to the closet.. I bought these for myself :) After my sister asked who gave them to me she said, "I'm glad you've learned the art of buying gifts for yourself!" And well, I'm glad too!















Daddy and I... silly little deers!



















Notice the Diet Pepsi in his "hoof"


Me and my mommy!


















Picking up the mess.. as usual:)


And last, a picture of me in a new Christmas outfit... and of course, my rain boots:)


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh! This made me smile and also made me VERY homesick!! I wish we could've been there with you. If only I could figure out how to be in two places at once! Love you sista!