Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Night Job :)

Something many people may not know about me is that I'm racking up quite the portfolio in hair-design... I hesitantly started cutting my little brother's hair a few years back, and by now, I hardly think twice when someone asks if I'll cut their hair. Here's a little look at my resume :) haha

MENS HAIRCUTS:
Scott Laneri--too many times to count
Todd Blake--multiple times
Landon Essig--twice
Bert Sainsbury
Zach Kacher

WOMENS HAIRCUTS:
Sue Laneri--multiple times
Rebekah Belnap--aka high school vice principal! full on A-line :) haha
Bette Laneri
Marie Bond



This was Landon's second hair cut, half-way through... He looks a little apprehensive, but this was the second time, so he obviously trusted me enough to do it again!
Here is an after picture... and it's the only one I could find where I was sure it was after! (p.s. This is him in the Alps! He's in Europe for most of this month! Awesome huh?!)


This is typically how my little brother has me cut his hair... BUT usually for state soccer, he asks for something OUTRAGEOUS!

This is my "am I really supporting this?" face... and below would be the two soccer studs with their state champion hair-cuts... hahaha... they are a little ridiculous, but funny :) (you can't see, but scotty has a mohawk up the back too)

BERT, SCOTTY

My cousin Bert decided on a whim to cut his hair that day too... He asked for what they call, an "Anikan" based on Anikan from Star Wars! Below is his before with his very long hair...

But I think my favorite story about hair cutting, so far, happened my senior year of high school... My vice principal, Rebekah Belnap, decided one time while I was cutting her hair (i think the second time) that she wanted an "A-line"-- Well, there was really only one option... Try for an A-line! :) So there I went chopping off A LOT of my vice principal's hair and shaping it into a drastic A-line cut... The funniest part is that she ended up LOVING it! and even said people were asking her where she got her hair cut!! hahaha... I don't think I'm brave enough to try that again, but for some reason, I had a lot of nerve then!

2 comments:

Kylie and Drew said...

I love you and your crazy skills. :) I laughed really hard at Zach Kacher. :)

Amy said...

You are pretty good. I know Todd always appreciated his great hair cuts. I wish he still bugged you to do it instead of me :)