I love Valentine's Day! I don't know why, but I love it--single or not! Today, since I am loverless ;), I have a date with some (like 8) pretty girls! We are going to go get some Costa Vida, and then bring it back to my place and make a music video to an awesome love song! (We haven't picked the love song yet, but it will be good!) Then we're going to eat brownies and ice cream and bask in how wonderful it is to be young and independent! p.s. we are NOT calling it single awareness day because we are all "pro-love"... and Valentine's Day is not JUST about boyfriends--it's about love--for anyone!
What an awesome time of life! I'm learning about this thing called "mindfulness" in stress management, and it's teaching me to live in each moment! I realized recently that I'm always looking forward to things.. (ie. "I can't wait for the concert, the dance, the weekend.." or "Won't it be nice when...") Mindfulness is living in reality--which is HERE and NOW. We can only ever be HERE right NOW! So this new way of thinking is opening my eyes to the beauty of every minute, every step, every view! I've noticed things in the last two days that I haven't noticed my entire time at Weber State!
Anyway, I just thought I'd post because I love Valentine's Day, and even though I don't have a "one and only" valentine, I have many wonderful, amazing people in my life that I love and am loved by! I feel so blessed to love and feel loved! Hooray for St. Valentine who filled our lives with love on February 14th!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are the best almost 20 year old girl in the whole wide world (or at lest the United States)--and I am not saying that just because I am your Mom! What an amazing perspective-- mindfulness--I love it! And I love you!! Have fun this weekend.
I meant at "least" in the United States! Sorry-- but it really, really bugged me.
LOVE you sis!! Glad you had a fun girls night for Love day!! I like the idea of mindfullness,I need to work on more of that perspective.
Hey cute Alyse! I just found your blog and loved reading all about you. You are too dang cute! I'll be checking often for your updates. Keep having fun!
Post a Comment