Wednesday, January 16, 2008

(One of) The Worst Dates!

So I decided my blog was getting a little boring, and when I asked my sister for some ideas... She told me to write about a blind date experience--that thought triggered my thinking, and while it was not a blind date, it was definitely a bad date! I've had quite a few bad dates in my day, but this one was a definite winner! (well if you can win at being a bad date!)

This was over a year ago, so I hope I get the facts right! The main event of our date was a JAZZ game. I was pretty excited because I hadn't been to a Jazz game in years! I was thinking, "How could this go wrong? It's a Jazz game!" Little did I know--the fun was yet to begin :)

So he picks me up and his music was the worst--i just ignored it because I know how people feel about their music. I'm a fan of most types of music, but I was NO fan of this junk! We get to the Jazz game and it's going well... We're in there and conversation is going downhill quickly. We didn't have the same humor which is always hard, and we had some differing opinions. Out of the blue one moment he turns to me and says, "What would you do if I hit you right here?" and he made the motion of punching me in the gut!! My initial reaction was, "Are you serious?" (inside all red flags are going up--ABUSE! ha) He's like, "Ya, what would you do?" I was really irritated that (1) he would even think of that and (2) actually make me answer! So I said something that was probably kind of rude about calling the police---I mean really though?! This is a first date and he already wants to punch me?!

I'm ready for the date to be done after the jazz game, and then he tells me we're going to the Bountiful Bowl... inside I am so ready to go home, but I knew I agreed to the date so I slapped a smile on my face and decided it could be fun! We got there and it was cosmic bowling so I was excited and ready to bowl and dance to the rockin music!(--in fact the man working gave me free bowling passes because he said he likes people who entertain him...and apparently my dancing is entertaining?! haha) So i'm having a good time and almost forgetting the horrible conversation and abusive mannerisms from earlier when I look over and my date is dancing super dirty with his best guy friend who was doubling with us!! Now, if there is one thing that makes me lose respect for people quickly, it's dirty dancing. This did NOT help the date. Then he starts saying weird/dirty things to his friend!

I was SO ready to go home and it was getting close to when I thought he would take me home. Then he informs me we're staying another hour! I finally spoke up and told him I would like to get home at a decent hour (It was already getting late). So we left :)

Don't worry it gets a little better! We're driving on I-15 and his car starts to sputter a little. Pretty soon we're slowing down... 55.... 30....slower... 10... stopped. Nothing. The car dies and he realizes his car ran out of GAS! AHH-- I was seriously bugged by now. Not fun! This kid is dirty, he wants to punch me, and now I'm stuck on the side of I-15 past midnight with him in a parked car! What else right?!

We did the only thing we could... called a friend and waited for them to bring gas. When I finally got home it was like a long overdue reunion with everything about my apartment! AND needless to say, I didn't love that date! I'm pretty sure by the time we ran out of gas he realized I wasn't having the time of my life either, and we didn't go on a second date... :) BUT! I do have to say that I don't hate him or even dislike him! I just could never date him!

Stay tuned for more funny dates! Thanks Amy:)

3 comments:

Amy said...

haha! This is so great... was this the guy that picked you up from our house?? We never should have let you out with him!! Good thing you made the most of it and got that free bowling :)

Lane Blake said...

Oh man.. that is so funny. I love it! Those weird/intersting dates stay with you forever... I have a few that always make me laugh(:

Sue said...

Alylse,
You are a funny girl!
Yosa,
SL