Okay, so this story makes me laugh, but I guess we'll see if anyone else thinks it's as weird/entertatining as me...
Here's the background--So Saturday night I went on a blind date in Provo. It was one of my really good guy friends (Darrin Mahoney) mission companion. Well I drove down to Provo with my friend that set me up, Darrin. We had to pick up and drop off Darrin's date in Salt Lake--(up near East High)... On the way to pick his date up I noticed a Maverik, and I started telling Darrin how much I loved a classic Maverik frozen yogurt and how it reminded me of my mom because we always get them together...
Anyway, we went to Provo, went on the date, everything's dandy and we drop Darrin's date back off in Salt Lake. On the way back to Ogden I really had to go to the bathroom. It was really late and I was trying to think of a place that would be open, so as we are nearing the Maverik I say, "Hey Dare, can we stop at Maverik so I can go to the bathroom?" (and then I bribe him with) "I'll buy you a frozen yogurt!?" He was more than willing to stop, and he offered to buy the ice cream, but that's a side note just because he's so great.
So here we are, we stop at Maverik, we go in, and I go straight to the bathroom and I notice an "Out of order" sign. This is about how the dialogue goes...
(me to darrin) "Oh shoot, the bathroom says out of order!"
(darrin) "hmm" he looks around and finds the Maverik worker, "hey," he says to the worker, "so the bathrooms are broken? Both of them?"
(Maverik worker) "Well the employee one is working, but the other one isn't"
(darrin) "so can I use the one that is working?"
(worker) "No man. That's my bathroom. That's like my personal bathroom."
(darrin) "Oh, so it's actually yours... or is it just one that all of the employees use?"
(worker) "Well the employees use it, but it's still like my bathroom! It's my bathroom ya know? Look man, I don't come into your work and as you to use YOUR bathroom!" --the worker is getting a little heated by this point
(darrin) "Well I would let you use it if you did."
(worker) "Hey dude, I'm sorry, that's my bathroom, and nobody is using my bathroom." Then he turns away from us...
Meanwhile I'm just watching half amazed, half shocked that he seriously won't let someone use the employee bathroom this late at night--I mean it's not like there were really even other people in the store that could follow my example...
SO---
we get our frozen yogurt (which was SO good by the way) and we go up to the counter and the guy starts coming to ring us up and he whispers to us, "Just go."
We were confused and said, "What?"
He's like, "Just go!"
We looked at him a little more confused
"Just take the ice cream!! Nobody is using my bathroom, but it's my last day here and I don't give a dang** about some stupid ice cream!"
Me and Darrin exchange some weird looks and start walking out... behind us we say, "thanks?"
haha--we found it pretty amusing that he made that much of a stink about HIS bathroom when it was his LAST DAY!! and he probably won't ever use it again! But he let us walk out with free ice cream instead?! Super weird!
Oh and side note... We went to the nearest 7-11 and the bathrooms were out of order too, and the guy wouldn't let us use one. (We finally came to the conclusion that they had already cleaned them and didn't want to do it again that night)... Needless to say, we didn't try any other places, and I just held it until we got to Ogden where people let you use their bathrooms ;)
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay, so that's pretty much the funniest (and weirdest) thing I've ever heard! I guess what can you really expect from a guy who works the late shift at Mavrik??
That is such a funny story, Alyse! Honestly, some people, right?! I also LOVED your posting on Amy...that was so sweet. She really is such an amazing girl and I feel so lucky to have her for a best friend as well! We love those Laneri girls! :)
that is funny
Post a Comment