Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Tribute to My Favorite Sista!

Because my sista (pronounced "see-stah") Amy is the amazing person she is, she has "blogged" about all of her siblings. (LINKS: Danny, Alyse, Scott) I thought it was a little unfair that no one brag about Amy, so I decided to introduce Amy Lynn Laneri Blake!


Goodness, where to start with this girl? --I guess we'll start from the beginning :) (and since i am the queen of family home videos and childhood stories of which I am not really apart, I'll try to get the facts right) Amy was the first born of the Laneri clan, and she took on the "roles and responsibilities" associated with that position from the very start :)

Amy was a sweetheart, and from the beginning she was always willing to share everything she had, BUT she also always knew what she wanted, and she let other people know. Amy was never afraid to tell you what she thought--one quick little story: When Amy was little (probably 3 or so) her Grandma Sirrine was tending her in Heber, and Grandma didn't know exactly how to handle Amy's independent and sometimes stubborn nature. At one point, Amy was out in the street and her Grandma told her to come in from the street. Amy's reply was, "No! You're the worst babysitter ever Grandma." haha.. She was an assertive little girl and she never really took garbage from anyone. Now that she's older, this little personality trait of Amy's actually causes her way more sucess than trouble! Her nature is driven. And because she's super talented, she accomplishes a lot! Talent and drive are a very good combination:)


In high school Amy was into everything... One thing that may surprise people is that Amy was what I like to call "granola"--which is basically a way rad person who likes doing cool things outdoors... She got into pottery, skiing (including telemark skiing--which is even more granola than down hill), snow shoeing, mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing, & backpacking. This said, Amy has also always had a very girly side that was fashionable and classy.


Amy is very smart and was always a good student, and in high school she had many other interests like TV broadcasting, tennis, choir, and even musicals--in fact as a sophomore because of her beatiful singing voice, Amy starred in South Pacific as Liat and in Saturday's Warrior as Julie (which is very impressive as a 16 year old!) So you can see that she was rad, athletic, beautiful, cultured, and a star by the time she graduated high school.

Because Amy was all of those things and more, she went to Utah State University on an awesome scholarship which was then known as PLC (President's Leadership Council) now more commonly known as being an "Ambassador" where she helped recruit for USU. She didn't get too far before she met her hubby of 5 years now, Todd Blake. They both graduated from USU.

For those who don't know, Amy and Todd met in August **(yes, BEFORE her freshman year), were engaged by November, and were married that March! Some might argue that it happened a little fast, but I say to each their own! It was just perfect for them:) Amy and Todd had an amazingly beautiful little boy about a year ago and the three of them live in Boise, ID.

Amy is my inspiration! I idolize her and look up to her in every way! No matter what she says, she is the "golden child," and I hope I can be just like her. Whenever I think about my life I realize how much Amy has shaped who I am. Ever since I can remember I've wanted to do things simply because Amy did them. (Of course i didn't do EVERYTHING she did, but at some point, I probably tried to!)

Right now, Amy's talents are a little different than they were in high school :) She is the absolute CUTEST mommy, such a supportive wife, and a great friend to many! She is an excellent homemaker (which, not gonna lie, she didn't show signs of early in life--I can remember her telling me to sweep because she didn't know how, and I'm 4 1/2 years younger :)) But right now my favorite thing to do is watch Amy with her baby boy Easton! She is seriously the most darling momma! She loves that boy to pieces! This is one of my favorite pictures because it shows Amy's "fun mommy" side! That's one thing about Amy I love--she's always willing and ready to play!


She is very creative and artistic, whether she admits or not. Her scrapbooks are awesome, she takes great photos, and every inch of her new house is adorable! I usually have to tell her to "stop being so cute!"



The older I get, the more I look and act like Amy, and one of the best compliments I can receive is being told I'm like my sista!

My dream would be to live down the street from Amy when I have a husband and kids so we could spend tons of time together and our kids could be best buddies! In reality, that may never happen, but I know we'll stay close and I'll continue to learn from her example! I hope to be even half the wife and mother Amy is! Her life so far has been one great river of success, and I know her future holds incredible things! Amy-you're the absolute best sister and I love love love you so much!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good job, Alyse! How nice of you to give such a beautiful tribute to you "sista." She is amazing--as are you.
Love you both in a basket!!
mom

Amy said...

I don't even know what to say!!! You are so sweet, Leasy... my dream would be to have you just down the street, too. So hurry, there are still houses in our neighborhood :) I'm proud to think that you've looked up to me, but I hope you realize what an example you are to me, also. Plus you sweep better than I do.

Jamie Blake said...

How cute! It was fun to read a little bit about Amy from your side! :) Your blog is really cute. . . I really liked your bad date story. Good luck with school and everything! :)